The goal is for you to be able to do everything on your time, and in your own way.
No one telling you what to do.
You don’t have to be stuck in an office to do it. You can work while spending the day on the beach, or while taking care of your children. These days you don’t even have to get out of bed to be able to work on your business if you don’t want to!
If you’re not a morning person (I know I’m not!) then you can start work later in the day. If you need a 2 hour nap in the middle of the day, no problem! If you want to work late into the night, or on weekends so you’re free during the week, again, it’s your call.
The goal is for you to be able to maintain the lifestyle that you want, while working the way you want.
I can’t tell you how much my life has changed since I started my own business. Less than a decade ago, this is how I ran my business:
- Sure, I spent some nights working, but I hardly ever started work before 10am.
- I ran my errands in the middle of the day while most people were at work and kids were in school, so I rarely had to deal with crowds.
- I vacationed when I want, without needing anyone else’s permission.
- I decided what I spent my day doing. If I felt like writing, I wrote. If I felt like promoting, I promoted.
Since then, my husband and I have had a daughter, but the great thing about having your own business is that you can change things to work for you! Here’s what my life looks like now:
- I’m up early every morning. I start working once my daughter is in school. I stop once she gets home. Once in a while I’ll do some work at night, since that’s when I find I have great ideas.
- I run my errands right after I drop my daughter off at school. Yes it takes time away from work, but stores are SO much less crowded at this hour! I rarely have to deal with crowds or lines.
- If school is closed for whatever reason, or my daughter isn’t feeling well and is home from school, I don’t really get to work much that day.
What are your goals? What are your terms?
- Do you want to be able to stay at home with your children?
- Do you want to sleep in and not have to get up at the crack of dawn each weekday?
- Do you want to be able to go on more vacations?
- Do you want to be able to work from anywhere – whether it’s at home, or while visiting family in another state?
- Are you not ready to quit your job, but you want to bring in a few hundred extra dollars a month, just to help make ends meet (or help pay for a vacation?)
Workism will help you meet these goals.
Workism will make it so that you can decide how to spend your time, and how to live the life you want.
Don’t get me wrong. You will still have to work. There is no magic button that will do all of the work for you.
But I, along with the other resources here at Workism will help you get to a point that you can work on your own terms, and still live the lifestyle that you want.
If you’re brand new, I would start with these posts:
- The Goal of Workism – This link will tell you about the goal of Workism.
- How to create a website in 10 minutes – And get your first post done too!
- Sign up (at the top or bottom right side of this page) to get a free 7 day mini course showing you how to start your own business from your home.
If you have any questions at all, please feel free to comment on any posts that you’ve read, and I’ll try my best to get back to you!
My goal is to help you achieve yours!